August 17, 2006

It's the End of the World As We Know It

My random recurring thought:
Do you think the world will end catastrophically before you die?

My personal thought...
Yes.

My analysis of my thought...
I have always felt like something will go wrong with the world catastrophically. Not like an Armageddon sort of thing, but more like a poof and were done sort of thing. I wonder if that is representative of my personal feeling that "the glass is half empty" when it comes to my chance of having a better life than the previous generation. Based on what I understand, most people in my generation feel that the American dream is dying rather quickly for us non-inheriting millions from our parents sort of people. Frequently I wonder how in the world I could ever afford to have offspring in this country.
Anyhow, I digress and I should get my butt to bed.
Jason

No comments: