March 6, 2006

Build Your Own Cajon

As a percussionist, I have always been frustrated at the cost of equipment. There are several different drums that I would love to own, but the cost is really prohibitive. I have seen several Cajon's at Guitar Center in the past, but the issue I always run into when looking at purchasing them is, what if the head breaks, then I have a $200 broken wooden box. Thankfully someone has posted instructions on how to build your own Cajon.

Enjoy!

Studio-Central Community :: View topic - Cajon (drum box)

Update (2/27/2013): It's been a long while since I posted this and I still have yet to make a Cajon. I came across this great kit on Amazon that would push me in the right direction.
Musicmakers Cajon - KIT with Snare

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - looks like this was posted a while ago, but in case it's useful:

I've made a pretty detailed page (with lots of external information linked in) on the subject of cajon making:

http://caseyconnor.org/cajon

Hope it's useful.

Also, FYI, your comment posting mechanism seems to not work, at least with Firefox 2.0.0.12 (Win XP). I had to force it to open in a tab to access the whole screen because the window it wants to open in is far too small...

-Casey