May 10, 2013

Trebuchet Challenge Game

I have had a number of friends build trebuchet's for fun and science, but I have never managed to get up the gumption to exert the energy required to build something that impressive. Thankfully the internet pulls through with an opportunity to make me feel as though I built a trebuchet.  You can put your skill to the test by tweaking a virtual trebuchet to gain points in a triathalon of trebuchet terror!  First you get points for launching the ball as far as you can, then as accurately as you can, and finally as powerfully as you can (by knocking down a wall).

Trebuchet Challenge

If you are the type of person who wanted build your own trebuchet but don't have access to the saw and woodworking tools necessary. Oakland Ballistics (I know... right?) has released a Wooden Trebuchet Kit that can help you be up in operational just in time to lay siege to that new picket fence you neighbor put up. Oakland Ballistics: Wooden Trebuchet Kit

No comments: